The Style Bible shows the look of Life Ball 2013 –
the countdown to creative costume creations and Life Ball tickets is on
The Style Bible on www.stylebible.org shows how opulent, colorful and sensuous the 21st Life Ball will be – and invites everybody to enjoy the fantasy of 1001 Arabian Nights on May 25. Each and every year, those guests who help create the visual flamboyance of the ball by wearing glamorous outfits show their solidarity with Life Ball’s philosophy in the most beautiful way. In the Style Bible, they can find inspiration for attending Life Ball with a Style Ticket. The regular ticket sale starts on March 4 and ends on March 14; the new Life Ball VIP tickets can already be reserved.
Letting go of the veil of the daily routine, dancing against exclusion and breaking conventions by being creative – this is how Life Ball 2013 will combine the fight against AIDS with its familiar joie de vivre. Its motto, 1001 Arabian Nights, not only makes you unleash your creativity, but it also makes you think: Because, like in all the tales, we face the fight between the eternal opposites: empathy and selfishness, tolerance and ignorance.
The Style Bible has lavishly been created in order to translate the diversity of the oriental tales into Life Ball looks and to give an insight into a world where wisdom, sophistication and high moral standards smoothly melt together with mythical creatures, exoticism and spirituality.
88 models have posed for four days and nights in front of photographer Markus Morianz’s camera, among them German top model Sara Nuru and Conchita Wurst. Wrapped into robes embroidered with jewels and oriental cloth, the sensuousness of the materials also spreads to their wearers in the pictures – and thus, in combination with elaborate henna paint, pieces of jewelry and accessories, a whole piece of art is created for every character, each uniquely shining and sending a message.
What does this mean for the creation of the perfect Life Ball outfit? What makes the Life Ball style of 2013 an impressive and dignified statement for all participants in the fight against HIV and AIDS is not just mere provocation, but refinement and love of detail.
For all those who want to get inspired by the Style Bible not only online, it can also be found as a supplement to the February issue of the Viennese magazine wienlive, which is available in around 2000 newsagents all over Austria.
The Style Bible Production 2013 – Facts & Figures
• ln total, 88 models brought characters like Ali Baba, Sinbad or Aladdin to life – among them was German top model Sara Nuru as main character Scheherazade as well as Conchita Wurstas Persian princess in the subject of the “Seven Princesses”.
• In around 2000 working hours, 35 pupils and graduates of the School for Design Herbststraße embellished the numerous costumes, which once again have mainly been provided by ART for ART.
• 24 palettes with sceneries and decorations of the Vienna State Opera have been delivered (including “La Bayadére, scenery: Jordi Roig)
• In the props and costumes, there are tens of thousands of shimmering SwarovskiELEMENTS crystals – countless ornamentation pieces, flowers made of cloth and pearls from ZARUBA have been sowed on the costumes, headpieces and accessories in hours of detailed work.
• 40 wigs and 70 hair pieces as well as over 100 M.A.C cosmetics products were used.
• The countless props filled around fifteen truckloads, sponsored by DB Schenker.